Discover the Acea Group online 2020 Sustainability Report
The sustainability report has always been prepared in compliance with the international reference guidelines and submitted for checks by a third party.
The Sustainability Report has also complied with Legislative Decree no. 254/2016. It has been prepared in accordance with the 2019 GRI Standards: Comprehensive option and is therefore called Acea Group’s 2020 Sustainability Report (Consolidated Non-Financial Disclosure pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 254/2016, prepared in accordance with GRI Standards.
Due to the Covid-19 emergency, it was necessary to check the adequacy of the 2019 “material” issues in light of the change in circumstances. This analysis confirmed the validity and stability of the materiality matrix defined in the past for 2020.
The 19 material topics are all consistent with the Group’s strategic sustainability planning for 2020-2024.
Temi economici e di governance
Joining the United Nations Global Compact
In 2007 Acea joined the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), finding consistency between the ten principles of the “Global Pact”, launched and supported by the United Nations, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, the value guidelines, expressed in the Acea Code of Ethics, and the Group’s strategic guidelines.
THE TEN PRINCIPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT
|1. Companies are required to support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
2. Companies should ensure that they are not partners, even indirectly, in human rights abuses
|3. Companies are required to uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to
4. Companies should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
5. Companies should uphold the effective abolition of child labour
6. Companies should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
|7. Companies are required to support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
8. Companies are required to take initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9. Companies are required to encourage the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly
|10. Companies should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery